Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
 
Notes of Meeting held on Tuesday 2 October 2018 at 7.30pm
in The Parish Room, St George’s Church, Crowhurst
 
Present:                 Gareth Bright, Ros Day (Chair), Tracy Hoad,  Sonia Plato, Martin White, Willy Wilson,                                         Pat Buckle 
 
Apologies:             Dave Howley, Ann Wilson
 
In Attendance:      None
 
Ros Day opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending.
 
1.         Declaration of Interests
1.1.      All present declared an interest as residents of Crowhurst.
 
2.            Notes of Previous Meeting held on 3 September 2018 - Approved.
 
3.            Task Groups Reports
3.1         Finance – Tracy Hoad stated that there was nothing to report.  Ros Day stated that she had received an invoice for £1,000 from Ashley Wynn.  He had confirmed that he will make the necessary  amendments to the Strategic Environmental Assessment suggested from the Health Check and  check through the policies. There should still be PC funding available should this be necessary for the extra SEA changes.
 
3.2         Land Use Task Group
                Martin White reported that Hannah Diment had expressed concern about using Hastings Area                 Archaeological Research Group (HAARG) and would prefer “qualified archaeologists”.  Martin White and Chris Davidson were responding to the effect that East Sussex County Council (ESCC) often  work with HAARG, as do other local authorities, and that they were competent. The meeting wasreminded that HAARG would do the work for no charge whereas employing an archaeologist would   be expensive.  Martin White stated that the car park Impact Assessment revisions have not yet been received and are being followed up.
 
3.3.        Street Champions –  It was agreed that at the next Steering Group meeting the use of Street Champions for the consultation and referendum will be discussed. RDC will contact the people who   had made comments to them to let them know of the dates.   The meeting agreed to have the consultation and exhibitions in mid-November. RDC want the plan by 6 November 2018 and an Extra-Ordinary Parish Council meeting will need to be called to approve the plan before theNovember Parish Council meeting.
 
3.4.        Communications
                Gareth Bright reported that in view of the upcoming consultation and referendum he would be  meeting with Valerie Grove regarding use of the website in ensuring that residents respond to both. It was decided to contact RDC as to how it would like all the many documents sent to them and  whether they could be emailed.
 
3.5.        Research/Heritage – In the absence of Dave Howley, Sonia Plato raised the topic of non-designated    buildings and whether more buildings should be added to the list as it was felt that the AECOM    report was not wide enough. Ros Day agreed to check with RDC how far this should be taken.
 
3.6         Environment
                Sonia Plato reported that one tree already listed as part of the NP has had a bough removed, and               the Parish Council was contacting a landowner following a complaint about farming and hedges. The ANOB advisor had suggested that grants were available from Sussex Land, Countryside Stewardship and Pylons that landowners can access for planting and fencing. It was suggested that a map showing the hedgerows should be included in the NP but it was decided that it was too late  to include this in the main plan now. It could be part of the ongoing Environment Group work  though. A meeting is to be arranged with the Environment Agency to discuss slowing water when flooding occurs at the Powdermill Stream.
 
4.            Results of Health Check
                Ros Day reported that some small amendments were suggested and two major ones, i.e. the need  for a separate Sustainable Development policy. Although all policies were based on sustainable development it needs more prominence; and that three separate policies should be included covering Local Green Spaces, Existing Open Spaces and Community Facilities and Buildings, as these are all currently in one policy.  Ros Day stated that she had completed the small amendments and   devised the three shorter policies.
 
5.            Mapping from Rother District Council
                Ros Day informed the meeting that she had arranged to meet with RDC to obtain improved maps for the NP and a new map of Local Green Spaces.
 
6.            Submission Date and Next Steps
                Ros Day reported that RDC would like Crowhurst’s submission by 6 November 2018 but it was    hoped that a slight delay to the 20 November 2018 could be agreed.  As Parish Council is the lead  body for the NP, the Clerk would need to liaise with RDC in making arrangements for an Examiner.  It had previously been agreed that a residents workshop be arranged to consult about housing  design.  The meeting agreed to discuss this and arrange a date at the next meeting.
 
7.            Date of Next Meeting
Steering Group –  Monday 5 November 2018 in Crowhurst Village Hall – Time to be confirmed.
 
The meeting closed at 8.40pm.
 
  

Stay informed about your Neighbourhood Plan. To receive updates and notifications about progress, meetings and events c ontact us at:

 
To leave the mailing list at any time just send us an email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.  

DATA PROTECTION
All contact information you provide will be held securely and will NOT be shared with any other third-party organisation for any purposes including marketing or promotion of goods and services. For your full data protection rights information please click here

This site uses cookies. Most people know this term but don't really know what it means! So for a beautifully concise description of what cookies are and what they do, please click this link . (from the BBC website). If you do not consent to cookies please email us when you have finished using the website ans we can tell you how to remove any cookies that the website may have used during your visit, Thank you. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?​

This page contains all documents relating to the Consultation Process including village survey results and longlisted and shortlisted sites feedback. It will be updated as the process continues. 

​​ Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below: