Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Notes of Meeting held on Monday 14 May 2018 at 7.30pm  
in Crowhurst Village Hall

Present:            Gareth Bright, Ros Day (Chair), Martin White, Willy Wilson, Pat Buckle

Apologies:       Chris Davidson, Tracy Hoad, Dave Howley, Sonia Plato, Diane Stainsby, Ann Wilson 

In Attendance:    None

Ros Day opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending. 

1.            Declarations of Interests
1.1`         All present declared an interest as residents of Crowhurst .
1.2          Item 3.2  Land Use Task Group - Martin White declared a personal interest as the owner of Church Paddock, Crowhurst.

2.         Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 9 April 2018 – Approved.
2.2.       Matters Arising - None

3.            Task Groups
3.1.         Finance – In the absence of Tracy Hoad, Ros Day reported that of the £4,540.32 grant applied for £2,832 had been confirmed by Locality because it does not fund what it considers ‘planning’ items, e.g. design of car park.  Mapping costs were also reduced.  Under the terms of Technical Support, the Steering Group had requested a ‘Health Check’ The final NP will be checked for compliance with the regulations prior to its submission to Rother District Council. It is anticipated that the draft plan will be sent to AECOM at the end of the month and a response should be received within one month.  Rother DC are keen for the draft NP to be submitted as early as possible before the anticipated changes to housing  numbers and the National Planning Policy Framework rules come into force.  Martin White reported that Network Rail have confirmed it still wants to develop the land adjacent to the Station car park and it was hopeful that the access issues can be overcome but this cannot be confirmed at present. Martin White reiterated that as a public company Network Rail have a duty to support Neighbourhood Plans.
3.2          Land Use
                In the absence of Chris Davidson, Martin White reported that there was nothing further to report regarding the Memorandum of Understanding being prepared for landowners and Hastings Area Archaeological Research Group (HAARG).
3.3.         Street Champions
                Nothing to report but the meeting hoped that the Street Champions would be available to encourage residents to vote at the Referendum on the draft NP.
 3.4         Communications – Ros Day reported on the meeting in April with Rother DC planners and stated that there were no points of contention on the draft NP.  The question about the removal of the Recreation Ground from within the Combe Valley Countryside Park boundary was again discussed but there was no agreement. This would be further discussed at the Parish Council meeting. Ros Day confirmed that the Steering Group, as a working group of the Parish Council, must abide by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as they apply to the Parish Council.  Ros Day also reported that at the recent Parish Council Planning meeting the consultation on the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) was discussed and comments concerning the timescale that NPs would remain valid were submitted to Government.
3.5          Research/Heritage – Nothing to report.
3.6.         Environment – Nothing to report.

4.            Documents Required for Submission of the NP
                Ros Day reported that a draft Basic Conditions Statement had been done and outlined all other documents that need to be completed. Ros Day also confirmed that all documents will go to AECOM as part of the Health Check.

5.            Next Steps
                Ros Day stated the remaining steps were – receipt of the grant, finalise changes to the plan based on the comments, results of the Health Check and if necessary make any changes,  submission to the Parish Council, and the 6 week Rother DC consultation (reg.16).

6.         Date of Next Meeting
                Due to holiday commitments, Ros Day agreed to email the Steering Group members for their availability.

The meeting closed at 8.30pm

Stay informed about your Neighbourhood Plan. To receive updates and notifications about progress, meetings and events c ontact us at:

To leave the mailing list at any time just send us an email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.  

All contact information you provide will be held securely and will NOT be shared with any other third-party organisation for any purposes including marketing or promotion of goods and services. For your full data protection rights information please click here

This site uses cookies. Most people know this term but don't really know what it means! So for a beautifully concise description of what cookies are and what they do, please click this link . (from the BBC website). If you do not consent to cookies please email us when you have finished using the website ans we can tell you how to remove any cookies that the website may have used during your visit, Thank you. 


The Final Crowhurst Neighbourhood Development Plan. ​The referendum on this important document will take place in the summer. 
Contains links to the archived Reg. 16 and Reg. 14 consultation and submission pages.  Archive-REG 14, 16
This page contains all documents relating to the Consultation Process including village survey results and longlisted and shortlisted sites feedback. It will be updated as the process continues. 

​​ Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below: