Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Notes of Meeting held on Wednesday 27 April 2016  
In St George’s Parish Room


Present:   Gareth Bright, Chris Davidson, Ros Day, Tracy Hoad, Sonia Plato, Diane Stainsby,
                  Martin White, Ann Wilson, Pat Buckle

In Attendance:  Willy Wilson
Apologies:           None

1.         Minutes of Previous Meetings
Steering Group held on 6 April 2016 – Minutes approved.
Matters  Arising – It was noted that no-one was able to attend the Bexhill Environment Meeting on 27 April 2016 but the meeting was informed that it would be possible to arrange a separate meeting with the Bexhill Environment Group if required.
Neighbourhood Plan (NP) Meeting held on Saturday 16 April 2016
Matters  Arising  - none

2.         Task Groups Identification and Reports
2.1     Finance – Ann Wilson stated that there was nothing to report as no estimates of costs had been received.  The meeting agreed that each task group needed to work up estimates as a priority because grant monies cannot be claimed in retrospect. 
 It was noted that the My Community website was useful for information concerning the neighbourhood planning process and for the claiming of grant monies.


2.2       Communication – Gareth Bright reported that there was a good attendance at the Communication Task Group meeting last week.  The website was set up although work would be ongoing with further pages added as the work progressed. The group will be seeking ideas for communication from other NP groups and contacting local secondary schools to explain what the NP is about. Other groups to be contacted would be RSPB regarding the Forewoods Reserve, and local businesses. He confirmed that the task group had worked up a budget estimate of £1,120 to cover the next 6 months. The meeting discussed the use of banners around the village making people aware that Crowhurst is developing a neighbourhood plan and encouraging them to become involved. Tracy Hoad agreed to research suitable printers.

2.3       Street Champions – Diane Stainsby reported that Crowhurst Parish Councillors would be delivering the NP information leaflet with the Parish Council’s latest newsletter shortly.  This would need to be followed up by the Street Champions to ensure the information had been read and to answer any queries householders may have.  It was emphasised that all members of every household needed to be spoken to, including older children, because there could be differing opinions and questions. Some people spoken to have questioned what Street Champions were expected to do and say, and it was agreed that a script should be prepared as soon as possible so that the same information was being relayed by all Street Champions. Diane Stainsby agreed to contact both Robertsbridge and Sedlescombe NP groups who may have Terms of Reference for their Street Champions that could be useful.

2.4     Sites and Survey – Chris Davidson reported on the task group meeting held on 23 April 2016 at which it was agreed that the Terms of Reference and an article explaining what the group was doing and how it was going to be doing it, for inclusion in the Crowhurst News, would be drafted. These have since been completed and approved by the group.  The Terms of Reference identified comprehensive core tasks for the group which included the need to ensure all residents’ views are taken into account without bias.  The Task Group agreed it needed to work as a team with shared responsibility for the work.

2.5     Research – Sonia Plato reported that an enthusiastic group was coming together. She had spoken to Father Michael regarding the history of the Yew Tree in the churchyard, and Dave Howley had spoken to Bruce Cripps regarding the heritage and history of Crowhurst. The group was keen to reach out and include older residents who would have much to contribute. It was suggested that the Civic Trust had interesting information on villages and the meeting was reminded of a booklet called ‘A Village History’ printed some years ago by a village resident of which Diane Stainsby had a copy. Sonia Plato stated that there was considerable information about the local environment and bio-diversity following the work undertaken on the Bexhill/Hastings Link Road, and that the East Sussex Information Service had a wealth of demographic and other information which would be useful.  She confirmed that Keith Robertson was contacting East Sussex County Council to inform them of Crowhurst’s preparation of a neighbourhood plan.

3.         Project Plan/Milestones
Ros Day reported that she had looked at some project plans and she presented a sample. It was noted that the ‘Locality’ website also had some useful graphs.  The meeting agreed it was vital to get milestones/timescales agreed, to include budgeting, and that it was closely monitored.  It was agreed that this should be ready for the meeting with Norman Kwan, Principal Planning Officer, Rother District Council, when he attended the NP Steering Group meeting on 6 June 2016.  The Project Plan timetable would also be useful for the NP Planning Group to monitor progress. Gareth Bright agreed to approach a resident about setting up a Project Plan. A separate meeting would be held to discuss the Project Plan.

4.            Professional Advice/Consultants
It was agreed that health checks by independent persons was a necessity as the NP progressed to ensure the best outcome when the NP is presented to the Planning Inspector.  It was agreed that this should be raised with Norman Kwan when he attends the Steering Group meeting.  Confirmation would also be sought from Norman Kwan about his role in the process in terms of monitoring/auditing our progress.
               
5.         Budget
The meeting agreed it was important to get estimated budgets from the various task groups as soon as possible.  Sonia Plato agreed to research printing costs and stated that a protocol for what was printed and by whom needed to be established to keep costs in check.  It was suggested that greater use of the village hall projector could be used to minimise the printing of agenda, minutes and other information at meetings. 

6.         Planning Applications
Martin White informed the meeting that neighbourhood planning groups can comment on applications and he felt that it is an increasing duty to do so, particularly on any development applications.  This was agreed.

7.         Questions for Norman Kwan
a)  How to trace landowners/businesses in the parish.
The group was asked to send any questions for Norman Kwan to Ros Day before the Steering Group meeting on 6 June.

8.        Agenda for Next Planning Group Meeting
Items to be passed to Ros.

9.         Date of Next Meetings
            Neighbourhood Plan Group – Wednesday 18 May 2016 in Crowhurst Village Hall.
            Steering Group – Monday 4 July 2016 in Village Hall (if available)

It was agreed that future Steering Group meetings would be held on the first Monday of each month.
The meeting closed at 9.55pm.


  

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?​

TASK GROUPS

There are several task groups in which Crowhurst resident volunteers work on issues like communications, land use, heritage and the environment  These groups will make a huge contribution to the final Neighbourhood Plan document. 

POLICIES AND FAQS

This page contains the legal stuff! Our policies, data protection information, terms of reference and frequently asked questions about the Neighbourhood Planning Process. 

COMMUNITY GALLERY

Your pictures of our village.  Views, buildings, sheep, trees, dogs..... we want to see what makes you happy about Crowhurst. Please send you photos to :

Towards the end of 2016 we met with staff and pupils at Crowhurst Primary School and Claverham. Given that our consultation  with local schools will be ongoing we have created a new dedicated website page links, notes and information about our school visits. 


Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below: